Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Washington DC (again) and more!!




















































Hi everyone, sorry it's been a while :) We have been flat out......... those of you that watch Mum's blog know that she got here safely back on the 16th, early actually, that is very strange for an American airline!! Ted has been in Sydney since the 17th for a work thing, catching up with some mates as well no doubt.
Mum, the girls and I have been doing a bit of shopping, as girls do :) Mum has a bit of an addiction to Santa's, yes I know weird!!! And I have seen more fabric in the last week than almost my entire life!! I was also very embarrassed when she took photos in the supermarket, she said the fruit and veg was displayed so nice!!! She said I can have the photo to attach here, but I think there are better things to show u!!! LOL!!! We spent a lot of last week just hanging around in local area, showing Mum where we live.
We headed to Washington DC on Saturday so Mum could see the sights. I went with a new camera, so you can imagine how many photos I took!! We did a "hop-on, hop-off" bus tour as with 2 kids under 3 we didn't imagine a lot of walking would be a good idea. It was a fantastic way to see a lot in a short amount of time. There is so much to see you could spend a month in DC and not see everything!! Hearing the commentary on the way around gives you a bit of info on the sights as well which is good. I really liked 'Union Station' it was amazing, as was the 'Lincoln Memorial'. Both were massive!! Next time I go to DC I want to go to the 'Air and Space Museum', it looks like a great place to spend a day. I think Mum had a good time, she loved the 'White House' (check out the photo). The girls were great, Victoria spent most of the time in the Baby carrier and Charlotte loved going on the Bus so they were really good (except for the few moments when Charlotte was tired and didn't want to walk!!) The trip home seemed to take forever (it's about a 3 1/2 hr drive on a good run, it took us about 5hrs!!). Between feeding stops, loo stops and Jenn is tired stops it took a while :)










Everyone here is gearing up for Halloween on Sunday night, people decorate their houses, they look so cool and the costumes you can get are fantastic. We will be in New York as of Sunday so we will see Halloween for the first time New York style. People in Virginia keep commenting that New Yorkers are 'interesting', looks like we will have a good few days :)










Victoria is growing quickly, at last check she was weighing 9lbs 3oz, so back past birth weight, good news!! She has managed to grow in length as well and her sight is getting pretty good. Now when she is awake she actually focuses on things. She smiles a lot, not sure if this is still a 'wind thing' or if she thinks I'm funny!! Victoria also has a boyfriend......yes I know not a month old yet but who can resist the handsome Jayden (he is 5 weeks older than Victoria, his parents are fellow Aussies in Virginia as well).










As we all expected Charlotte is very helpful, always wanted to put dirty nappies in the bin or pat Victoria when she is crying and say "it's alright, it's alright". She has also become an expert at putting the dummy back in :)










We are all looking forward to seeing Ted on Sunday in New York, Mum and I are going to see West Side Story on Tuesday night before we fly home on Wednesday. Ted has also promised me a fancy dinner somewhere in the Big Apple, can't wait :) Stand by for the New York photos with my new camera, I think there might be another Hop-on, Hop-off bus trip coming...........

No comments:

Post a Comment